Soon, summer will be in full swing. We'll enjoy our long, light-filled evenings, our barbecues, and our big movie blockbusters. What we won't enjoy are the hot, steamy days and the heat indices in the 100s. The Old Farmer's Almanac predicts that this summer is going to be hotter and wetter than normal, especially in July and August. While the rain will help alleviate our ongoing drought, it will also cause some seriously swampy weather and record high humidity levels. Air conditioning is a lifesaver on those sweltering hot and humid days. That's why it's doubly important to get your air conditioner tuned up and running smoothly early in the summer before the heat waves hit.
A full-service inspection ensures that your air conditioner is working optimally and addresses problems before they become serious. In addition to performing a basic checkup, the Olathe heating and cooling professionals at Davenport will perform extra safety and efficiency checks so your air conditioner runs at peak efficiency all summer long. The standard inspection includes the following services:
- Check coolant, filling it to the proper levels and ensuring that the coolant has suitable pressure.
- Test all electrical components, including wiring, relays, contacts, and capacitors. Replace parts that are broken or worn.
- Inspect the condenser to ensure that it is properly lubricated and working efficiently.
- Check the fan, addressing any issues with the motor or blades.
- Test the outdoor disconnect.
- Look over the coil fins inside the evaporator and condenser.
- Clean and drain the evaporator coil and condenser drain.
- Clear away debris and vegetation around the condenser for unrestricted airflow, which maximizes efficiency.
When your Olathe heating and cooling professionals visit your home to inspect your air conditioning unit, you can also ask them to check your entire HVAC system. It's important to have the entire system evaluated at least a couple times per year, usually in the spring and fall before the weather changes. Don't worry if you missed your spring HVAC maintenance check—just go ahead and combine it with your air conditioning check. The HVAC standard inspection includes multiple services to find and correct potential problems:
- Perform a thorough inspection on all parts of the HVAC system.
- Check the thermostat to ensure that it is responsive and working effectively.
- Test all connections and wiring throughout the system, addressing any problems.
- Monitor several on/off cycles to detect any issues with the system.
- Clean out tubes and empty drains as needed.
- Check all coils in the compressor, condenser, and evaporator.
Regular maintenance checkups prevent problems from occurring and address existing problems before they become serious. They extend the life of your air conditioning unit and HVAC system, helping them perform at peak efficiency for many years to come.
Founded in 1980, Davenport Service Company has provided "Customer First" service in Johnson County, Kansas for over three decades. We provide 24/7 emergency service, preventive maintenance service, and seasonal tune-ups for commercial and residential heating and air conditioning systems. Call 913-441-2222 for hassle-free scheduling today!