Like the ads for the TV show say, "Winter is coming." This means that before long it'll be time for Olathe residents to start firing up the ol' furnaces. Chances are you'll want to have a licensed Olathe furnace repairman take a look at your furnace before it kicks on for the first time this season, but it may be that your furnace needs more than a tune-up. The average lifespan of most residential furnaces is around 16 years. So if your furnace is older than that, it may be time to replace it, rather than repair.
Not sure if your furnace is on its last legs or just in need of some TLC? Not to worry! Your friendly neighborhood Olathe heating and cooling specialists at Davenport Service Company can help you figure out whether or not it's time to replace your old furnace. Just look for the following signs:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old. If your furnace is between 15 and 20 years old, then chances are it's time to replace, not repair. If it's more than 20 years old, well, congratulations, you beat the odds, but it's also definitely time to have an Olathe heating and cooling specialist take a look at it.
- You've repaired it before. Just like with a car, repeated repairs pile up when it comes to cost, and it can be easy to sink hundreds of dollars into a furnace without realizing it. If you've repaired your furnace in the last few years and it isn't performing up to snuff, then that could be a sign that it's time to put it out to pasture and give a new furnace a chance.
- You're cold in the winter. If your furnace doesn't seem to be pulling its weight and you've replaced all your furnace filters, that may be a sign that it's getting on in years and struggling to disperse air evenly in order to keep your entire house at a comfortable temperature. It could be time for a new furnace.
- Your electric bills keep climbing. As furnaces begin to give out, they become less efficient. That means that it takes more energy to heat less air, which in turn means that your electric bills may continue to go up, even if you don't have the thermostat set any higher. In that case, it might mean that your furnace is ready for retirement.
- Your furnace is making a lot of noise. Unusual noises from your furnace are never a good sign, and should be checked out by a licensed Olathe heating and cooling expert. Often, noisy furnaces are dying furnaces, and it may be time for a replacement.
Even the very best furnaces give out eventually, and when that happens, you're better off getting a replacement than trying to limp along with an inefficient and decaying system. Luckily, right now Davenport Service Company is running a "Free Furnace Special!" You read that right, we said FREE, and we mean it. All you have to do is buy a YORK air conditioner installed from Davenport Service Company in Olathe, and you can get a YORK furnace absolutely FREE!
If your furnace is still in good shape but just needs a minor repair or a regular tune-up, we also offer furnace repair service. Moreover, our VIP Program can help keep your furnace—new or old—in tip-top shape from season to season. So if you're experiencing furnace problems, think your furnace may be on its last legs, or just want an annual heating checkup before the cold weather hits, call Davenport Service Company at 913-441-2222 today!