A lot of work and preparation goes into getting the house ready for all the magic and merriment, family and friends, and celebrations and memories that make up the holiday season. As you’re getting ready, though, don’t forget one of the most important things that you can do to ensure that your home is ready for the holidays and all those holiday guests: an HVAC system tune-up from the heating and cooling pros at Davenport Service Company.
The role of your HVAC system in holiday comfort. It can be easy to forget that your furnace is what keeps your home warm and cozy when the days and nights turn cold. No matter how much care and planning you put into your holiday gatherings, the holiday cheer will quickly vanish if the furnace goes out and everyone can see their breath as they sit around the dinner table. No one wants the festivities interrupted by trouble with the furnace! That’s why it’s so important to get a furnace tune-up before the weather turns cold. Regular maintenance is important to the efficiency and effectiveness of your home’s HVAC system, but it does something else, too. It helps to diagnose problems before they start so that you can prevent costly and inopportune breakdowns in the middle of that big family dinner.
Climate control for holiday hosting. So many factors go into making your home welcoming and comfortable for holiday guests, whether they’re moving into the guest room for a few days or just coming over for dinner and presents. One that is fundamentally important but all too easy to overlook is your home’s climate. This is especially important with all the baking, cooking, and large crowds that often accompany the holidays. A smart thermostat can be a game-changer when it comes to keeping your home cozy and comfortable. It can adapt to your busy schedule and adjust temperatures automatically to keep everything where it needs to be while also taking one more thing off your mind so you can focus on merrymaking. It’s also important to maintain good indoor air quality, so you may want to invest in something like an air purifier, humidifier, dehumidifier, or other solution to help control the quality of your air, especially as the house fills up with guests.
The value of regular furnace tune-ups. This is something we’ve talked about before. The value of regular HVAC system tune-ups goes beyond simply being ready for the holidays. Regular tune-ups are essential for the safe and efficient heating and cooling of your home all year round. Neglecting maintenance can lead to inefficient functioning, safety hazards, and even costly breakdowns. Ultimately, your furnace is like any other machine: It needs regular checks and routine maintenance to not only ensure that it’s running efficiently but to identify and avoid potential future problems. You can do some of this maintenance yourself, such as changing your air filters regularly, but other aspects of Olathe furnace service require a professional. Fortunately, investing in professional furnace maintenance will actually save you money in the long run, helping to keep your utility bills low, extending the life of your HVAC system, and preventing costly repairs down the road.
As important as it is, though, a furnace tune-up is only one thing you can do to help prepare your home to stay warm and cozy this holiday season. We’ve assembled a few other tips to help. These are all simple things that you can do around the house that will make your home into a warm winter wonderland!
- Layer Your Living Spaces with throws and blankets on couches and chairs. This will not only make the whole place look inviting and cozy, it allows guests (and you) to curl up under a blanket whenever they choose.
- Use Rugs to keep feet off of bare tile or hardwood floors. Rugs also help to provide insulation between the rest of the house and any cold that might come up from the floor.
- Seal Any Drafts that might be coming in around doors and windows. You’d be surprised at how much warm air can escape or cold air can get in through the smallest gaps. A simple solution such as a store-bought draft stopper or even a wadded-up towel can make a big difference.
- Invest in Quality Bedding to sleep more comfortably. There’s nothing better than climbing into a warm bed on a cold night, and the right kind of blankets and sheets can transform your bed into a cozy getaway.
- Dress for the season, even when you’re indoors. Warm sweaters and comfortable loungewear can help keep you warm around the house, and you won’t have to crank up the thermostat.
- Utilize Space Heaters Wisely, especially in rooms that are used more frequently. Space heaters can be a great way to keep small areas warmer throughout the day or night, but be sure to use them with care. Keep them on a stable surface, keep them away from flammable materials, and always turn them off before you leave the room or go to bed.
As you can see, you can do a lot of things to help make your home merry and bright this holiday season. Just don’t forget one of the most important ones: Contact Davenport Service Company today for a comprehensive HVAC system tune-up, and don’t let furnace worries dampen your holiday spirit.
Our certified Olathe heating and cooling professionals are ready to make sure that your system is in tip-top shape, enabling it to run efficiently throughout the holidays, and diagnosing any problems that may arise before they become serious. After all, we’ve been providing “Customer First” service in Olathe for more than thirty years. That’s a lot of holiday seasons, and we can’t wait to spend this next one with all of our loyal customers. If you’re ready to schedule your furnace tune-up, give us a call at 913-441-2222 today!